What Is The Zero Down Program?
- Home Ownership Program For Qualified First Time Home Buyers
- Purchase Your First Home With Little to Zero Down Payment
Who Is Eligible?
- An excellent option for anyone who has built an excellent credit score over the years but still has not managed to secure a minimum down payment for their new property
- If you have an excellent credit score, have not been a default in paying your bills and loans, then you can apply for this plan.
How Do You Qualify For The Zero Down Program?
- You are a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Your credit score should be at least 650. This sums up to, no late payments on any credit cards in the previous two years. It would also include no late payments on mortgages or loans or no bankruptcy filing in the previous 7 years.
- You should have stable employment for at least 2 years in the same line of work and a minimum of 6 months of employment with a new company.
- You should have 1-1.5% of the purchase price cash from your own resources for closing costs on the sale of a property. (This includes appraisal, property tax adjustments, legal fees etc.)
- The price for the property for sale in question should be less than $600k and it should not be more than five times your gross annual taxable income
Why Pay Your Landlord's Mortgage When You Can Be Building Your Own Equity?
- You cannot buy a home because you don't have enough down payment ;
- You don't have enough down payment because you have to pay a big part of your income in rent.
- If You Are Currently Renting And Trying To Accumulate Enough Down Payment, You Have Two Options:
- Keep Paying Your Landlord’s Mortgage By Paying Rent While Trying To Save The Required Down Payment OR
- Buy Your Own Home Using This Program And Start Building Your Own Equity Now
Benefits Of The Zero Down Program
- You won't have to worry about saving a hefty amount before buying a new home. This helps you with your monthly expenses without the burden of thinking about saving for real estate.
- You can use your lump sum saved cash for anything such as remodelling your home, go one a vacation, invest in a new business or use it in an emergency, it's your choice.
- Applying for a zero down payment program can help in improving your family's lifestyle. This applies to anyone who is living as a tenant and paying exceptionally high rent every month.